RomeFallsAgain

Object is too low offscreen to view

Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Sometimes if I have a small object when I move it around the objects goes below the bottom of the screen and I can no longer view it.

Surely there is a way to move it back to the cener of the screen and I just haven't found it yet?

This is especially the case in the PRINT PREVIEW screen

KiLLiN-TiMe

Re: Object is too low offscreen to view

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:53 am

Your left Mouse button rotates the view.
The right Mouse button pans the view.
The middle Mouse wheel when pressed resets the view while the wheel scrolled zooms in and out. .

Sounds like you really need to just press the right mouse button and drag it up to bring the part back into view as rotate can give you the angle you want but not always center it like you want. And if you completely lose your orientation pressing the middle mouse button will reset the view so you can start over.

HTH,
KT

RomeFallsAgain

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:15 am

Thanks.

If you Zoom in close enough you'll see what I mean.

You can't zoom in REALLY close and still see the object. It disappears below the horizon. While you "can" rotate the view so it rotates back into view, you cannot see the item in ALL angles up very close.

CompoundCarl

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:31 am

Yes you can. You just have to pan the view. Then you can see an object from any angle by zooming, rotating, and then panning.

KiLLiN-TiMe

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:25 pm

I think the problem arises because the rotate function seems to pivot on the center of the view or perhaps the center of the build area (I'm at work so I cant test for sure), which is well above the platform. When something you want to see is small it is very easy to rotate it out of view.

However as stated earlier, you simply need to pan in order to maintain the area of focus in view.

This often requires doing things is smaller steps. rotate a little but not loose the part, pan to center the view, zoom to enlarge, repeat again and again until you are seeing what you want where you want.

HTH
KT

RomeFallsAgain

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks for the helpful replies.

I think what I may not have discovered yet is how to PAN in the S3D screen.

Can someone explain Panning in S3D please?

Thanks again!

KiLLiN-TiMe

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:41 pm

With the object well in view press the RIGHT mouse button and hold it down. Now move your mouse around. That's pan.

RomeFallsAgain

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:50 pm

WELL I'LL BE !!!!!!

THANK YOU !!!!

KiLLiN-TiMe

Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:06 pm

RomeFallsAgain wrote:WELL I'LL BE !!!!!!

THANK YOU !!!!
LOL! :D

We've ALL been there! :roll:

I will say it is weird how it rotates on the print area and not the object. But once you understand that, it's not that big of a deal, just pan!

KT

RomeFallsAgain

Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:10 pm

KT,
You may not realize it, but you just made my day !!!

All along I've been missing that one very important piece of the puzzle.

It was frustrating not being able to see a part up close because it was rolling off the bottom of the screen.
I guess somewhere along the line I forgot about panning. I imagine it's "somewhere" in the guide. But I didn't see it.

Have a great weekend!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”