stargeezer

Pre purchase questions....

Hello,

I've not yet purchased the software because I cannot find the answer to a couple questions. Perhaps it's on the website and I'm looking in all the wrong places, so please pardon me if my first post here I need to ask for a bit of help.

First of all can Simplfy3d address multiple 3d printers from one computer? I have several printers on different USB ports I wish to address from one computer and may even want address more than one at a time if possible.

Secondly, can Simplfy3d address 3d printers connected to another computer through my Ethernet network without requiring another license?

Lastly, is there a link to a preview copy of the software? I thought I had seen one once when I'd looked at Simplfy3d a year ago, but now that I'm much more ready to buy it, I can't find it. Like I said, I'm most likely just missing it.

Thank you for any help and for you patience.
Larry
CompoundCarl

Re: Pre purchase questions....

Yes, you can control multiple printers at once on the same computer. You just open multiple instances of the software and then you can position the control windows wherever you want so that you can see everything easily. I do it all the time.

If you want to connect to computers via ethernet, I would suggest using octoprint. I've used it in the past, and it makes things easier for network printers. It works fine with S3D, so you can easily use it to transfer files around to networked printers and control the machines.

As far as trying the software, they have a 2-week money back guarantee, so you can try it and make sure it works for you. I'm personally very glad I did :D

Good luck!
stargeezer

CompoundCarl wrote:Yes, you can control multiple printers at once on the same computer. You just open multiple instances of the software and then you can position the control windows wherever you want so that you can see everything easily. I do it all the time.

If you want to connect to computers via ethernet, I would suggest using octoprint. I've used it in the past, and it makes things easier for network printers. It works fine with S3D, so you can easily use it to transfer files around to networked printers and control the machines.

As far as trying the software, they have a 2-week money back guarantee, so you can try it and make sure it works for you. I'm personally very glad I did :D

Good luck!
Thank you Carl. I'm sure impressed with everything I've seen online about it via YouTube and the various forums that touch on 3d printing. I'll give it a try soon, perhaps a early Christmas present to myself. My wife reminds me that I usually start buying those on Jan 1, :) but in all fairness, she starts on Dec 26th. :)

Thank you again
Larry
KiLLiN-TiMe

You also might note that you get two licenses with your purchase. So instead of trying to run it through your network to a printer connected to another computer, you can install S3D on the other computer too and be well within your license agreement.
FWIW
KT

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”