mike_doell

Printrbot Metal

For anyone that is having issues with the probe/ levelling on their printrbot metal...

Remember to add Z0 to under "scripts" in FFF settings.

By default its:
G28 X0 Y0 ; home X and Y axes
G29 ; probe Z

It should be:
G28 X0 Y0 Z0; home X Y and Z axes
G29 ; probe Z

I just picked this app up today. Wish I had bought it a long time ago, it rocks!
CompoundCarl

Re: Printrbot Metal

Doesn't the G29 also essentially home the Z axis? I would not have through you needed to home the Z right before using G29...

Why did you end up having to add that?
mike_doell

I added it because it wasnt homing the Z access or using the probe. It just started the print in mid air from the position it was in after adding filament.
I opened the same file in Cura and noticed the extra Z0 and pasted it into S3D.
WinterEC

mike_doell wrote:I added it because it wasnt homing the Z access or using the probe. It just started the print in mid air from the position it was in after adding filament.
I opened the same file in Cura and noticed the extra Z0 and pasted it into S3D.
I've only noticed this when my machine hasn't been homed since it has been turned off/on. Whenever I have to cycle the power on the Printrbot, or if the power has gone down, I'll force a home-all before I do anything else.

It may be bad 3D Printer hygeine, but I basically leave my machine on all the time (though the bed, hotend, and fan are all off). So sometimes I'll only home all once or twice a week.
Kryptonian8077

Thank you for this!!!
CompoundCarl

I think there's a few printrbot printers that are metal. Is this for the PrintrBot SIMPLE Metal? Or is it one of the other models?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”