wonmurk

Skipping Lines

I hope someone can help. I've checked on the forum but can't find anything relating to this. I've had my Robo 3D + for 4 weeks now, 2 weeks using S3D, been working great. I've changed to a differ color filament, Hatchbox ABS Red, been using blue and black with no problems. Now I've got this: same settings as before, 230 and 90 bed, same speeds, just changed filament. It's been printing garbage lines for outlines, infill, supports, everything. Is it just a bad roll of non-uniform filament? Really scratching the head here. By the way first time posting but have done much searching and finding very helpful advice, I guess that's why things have been printing so well for me from the start. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_20151225_194217.jpg
CompoundCarl

Re: Skipping Lines

Yes, I'd say either bad filament or a partially clogged extruder. Many times you get junk in the extruder that stays in there for awhile. It can affect extrusion, although, there isn't enough to totally block and clog it. So instead, you get inconsistent frustrating extrusion that can be hard to diagnose.
wonmurk

Got it, hobbed bolt had partial clog between 2 ribs. Thanks
MikeO

Thanks for letting everybody know what it was!

That explains the periodic nature of the gaps, too. Glad you found it.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”