erniehatt

IR Z probe

I am trying to setup a Z probe for bed leveling.
I have setup Marlin as instructed, put G29 in the start script, but it still does not seem to do any level probing, is there some other setting I need to do in S3d.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
SimpleScott

Re: IR Z probe

Did you do a G28 just before the G29? Some versions of Marlin need that. There are also some defines in configuration.h that have to be set before compile to enable G29, but assuming that's all correct try G28 immediately before the G29.
erniehatt

Thanks for the reply, yes I have done the appropriate settings in Marlin, and the G29 after the G28.
Watching the G_code as it goes through the print, I see the G29, but it is being ignored. It just goes straight into printing the skirt.
SimpleScott

What happens if you manually send G28 and G29 from the commands screen (rather than from the script)?
erniehatt

Not sure how to do that
SimpleScott

Open the Machine Control Panel, go to the Communication tab, enter the G28 in the field at the bottom and click the SEND button. Then after homing completes, enter the G29 and click the SEND button.

If G29 works OK from there... Then problem is something with formatting/sequence in the script.

If G29 doesn't work from there... Then the printer is simply ignoring G29. I would double-check defines in configuration.h file. In addition to ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING, you must have good values for probe positions and offsets. Feel free to post your configuration.h as someone may be able to spot a problem there.
erniehatt

I am missing something here, I cant find a Communications :oops:
SimpleScott

Click the Gear icon at bottom right of the main S3D screen to get the Machine Control Panel. There is a Communications tab there.
wookie_666

If marlin is setup correctly then G29 will work. There is nothing else you need to do other than G28 before hand. Send me a copy of your Marlin file and I will have a look at it.
erniehatt

Thanks Mate, will give it a go, and get back.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”