erniehatt

What is going on

I this is a new setup using A wade type extruder and an E3D lite hotend. also the extruder is chopping chunks out of the filament every now and then
P1030403.jpg
This is supposed to be solid, and it is not round as it should be.
MichaelHerron

Re: What is going on

erniehatt wrote:I this is a new setup using A wade type extruder and an E3D lite hotend. also the extruder is chopping chunks out of the filament every now and then
P1030403.jpg
This is supposed to be solid, and it is not round as it should be.
At first glance, it looks like you're under-extruding.

If you're pushing the speed, slow it down and take it easy. Increase your extrusion multiplier and see what happens. the infill doesn't appear to be 100%. If it is set at 100%, then it is probably your extrusion multiplier set too low--(or extrusion width set too high, or filament diameter set too high, etc)
erniehatt

Thanks, figures I have are.
extrusion multiplier =1.2
Layer height =.2
1st layer speed 40%
Print speed 3000
I have adjusted the extrusion multiplier from .85 to 2 with no not much difference. just how far can you go.
dkightley

Can you post the factory file for this print, please. That way, the gurus on here can see exactly how you have your settings.

File dropdown===>Save factory file.

I think you need to crack print quality first....and then any possible distortion in circular prints.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
erniehatt

Thanks Doug, here is the factory file.
Washer2.factory
(16.33 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Let me say this, it worked fine before changing the system,
The power supply blew up and took various other parts with it, including control boards.
So I also changed the extruder to a Wades type and an E3D lite hotend, the Marlin firmware was the same except to add Auto bed leveling.
Another change that has accured is the print now print to one side of the bed, on some larger ones outside.
erniehatt

Well I have increased the Extrusion Multifier up as far as 3 and it seems worse, is there something else I can look to.
CompoundCarl

If it worked fine previously, and doesn't now with the same software settings, then I would guess that your firmware config or electronics are incorrect.
tenaja

Also double check your g-code start code. Mine was overwriting the extrusion multiplier, so I had to figure that out before it would extrude properly.
TrevorPhilips

If you changed your extruder motor/gear/gear ratio, you must calibrate the extruder motor steps per millimeter in the firmware.
http://reprap.org/wiki/Triffid_Hunter's ... de#E_steps

Also, I'm thinking your extruder *might* be clogged or the filament doesnt go as it should.
OR, did you change from direct to Bowden system? Also remember to check retraction accordingly.
erniehatt

Thanks,yes I did change to a bowden config, and did the calibration, not quite sure what the extraction should be

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”