Simplify3D
Site Admin

Big Update: Creator Version 1.0.5

Happy Friday Everyone!

The development team has been hard at work this week with a big update to the Creator software package. Version 1.0.5 is available now from the download page and includes quite a few improvements and new features. For those of you who have been providing feedback, we truly appreciate it, and we think you will be pleased when you see the new release. Complete changelog is below.
  • Overhaul of available cooling options, see entire Cooling tab
  • Fixed order of M104/M140 commands during preheat
  • Added option to toggle perimeter printing direction (outside-in vs inside-out)
  • Improved skirt generation by removing unnecessary interior loops
  • Added automatic sorting to per-layer temperatures and per-layer fan speeds
  • Updated M2 profile to leave case fans on after print
  • Added extra options for top and bottom solid layers
  • Improved Image to STL conversion process, fixed flipped images
  • Limited custom jog distance to positive numbers to avoid double negative movement commands
  • Added numeric temperature readouts to Machine Control Panel
  • Changed scroll direction for temperature graph
  • Added an OFF button for both the extruder and bed heaters
  • Added visual indicator for jog wheel movement directions
  • Added option to change scroll wheel zoom direction
  • Added option to disable reseting the view with the middle mouse button
  • Improved Windows installer to automatically detect and install Visual C++ Redistributable package
  • Added new Linux 64-bit compiled version of Creator
  • Clarified instructions for deactivating an existing installation
  • Added recent path remembering for all remaining file operations
  • Added version number to About dialog
Follow the instructions in your confirmation email to download the latest release.

Enjoy :D
TimEdwards

Re: Big Update: Creator Version 1.0.5

I was looking at the Simplify3D website, and I was confused by your description of availability for Linux. You first said it was for Ubuntu Linux, and now you have a "amd64 compiled version". As a longtime Linux user/admin, I know of two main flavors of Linux---32 bit (i684) and 64 bit (x86_64). When you say "Added Linux amd64 compile version", do I understand you to mean that you have compiled it for x86_64 systems? I have a Fedora Core 16 box running on an Intel Core i3 (64 bit). Does this mean I can now run your software? I have been looking forward to it. (I am still waiting for the Linux version . . . any Linux version. . . of Google Sketchup. And waiting, and waiting. Congratulations, you're on the ball!)
Karl_Williams

Thanks for implementing the temperature displays and the extruder and heat bed off buttons. I'm really liking the software.
slipshine

really like the new version. All the additions are nice.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Thanks guys. We took a lot of advice from the features you suggested so we hope you like it ;)

Tim, you are correct. It is a x86_64 compiled version. We have been doing most of our compiling and testing on Ubuntu, but I would expect it to work on other flavors as well. We haven't tested specifically on a Fedora Core 64-bit machine, but if you run into any issues I can try to compile a version specifically for that architecture.
Luke321

Now the only thing missing for me is X,Y,Z Offset :)
arnoldpro

I think the numeric display of temperatures should be activated by default. Optical feed back on the switches would be fine. Trying to set only the temperatures for layer 2 and above show me, that the same temperatures are set before beginning layer 1. It is impossible to set the temperature for the first layer manually.

Error: Trying to slice a small part (toothpaste-key) ends up in S3DCreator.exe error. Slicing 2 of them works. For another part, a smaller spool, this trick does not work.
arnoldpro

This software is neither freeware nor open source, so I think documentation is an essential part and not something to come soon! I trust in MakerGear and hope that
beta testing will be finished until summer and then I can change my tool path from Repetier Host and Slic3r to Creator. At the moment there are to many parts that Slic3r can slice and Creator can not!
metricmind

Big Update: Creator Version 1.0.5 - where is it?

Hello all,

Looking hard for download page on MakerGear site but see none. No online store link either.

Can anyone post the link to download/buy page for 3D creator software?
I wish it would be in more obvious place.

Thanks!
Victor
Simplify3D
Site Admin

metricmind - The link to buy the software is here (http://www.simplify3d.com/creator/order/). Just select the number of licenses you would like to purchase.

And arnoldpro - If you're running into problems slicing a particular STL, feel free to PM us or post it here so we can take a look. If it really is a bug, it will only help us fix it faster if we know what the problem is ;)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”