sk4477

Help with Jog Controls on Witbox2

Hi there,

I've got a problem with jog controls in Machine Control Panel:

When i turn on my printer, it finishes a print or auto-leveling, etc, it always parks its head at position X=287, Y=200 and Z=15. (back right corner) When i now go to Machine Control Panel, it thinks it's a position 0,0,0. The result ist, i cant use the jog controls properly. The actual Position 0,0,0 ist the front left corner. How do i tell Simplify3d the proper coordinates? I searched and found references to the Offset origin, but playing with these settings didnt fix my problem. I am probably doing some wrong, can you help me get this straight?

Thank you!
CompoundCarl

Re: Help with Jog Controls on Witbox2

Don't mess with the origin offsets unless your prints are not centered. If the parts print where you expect, then the origin settings are likely correct.

Does the printer always home in this back right corner? If it always does that, then you should set the homing directions to max instead of min.
sk4477

Re: Help with Jog Controls on Witbox2

Yes, it does always go to that back right corner..

Unfortunately, switching direction from Min to Max had no real effect. The position display reads 297 210 200 when I click home all in Machine Machine Control, but the extruder doesn't go there - and i still only got the roughly 10mm x 10mm x 15mm i can use jog controls. I am not sure i am explaining this properly, hope this does make some sense.

Maybe this helps:

The only way to get jog controls work is if I do the following: when I turn on the printer, i need to use jog controls on the printer to send the extruder to the front left corner (0,0,0 according to the printers lcd screen), then i can open Machine Control and if the last position happened to be 0,0,0 (or if i zero it), then jog controls work across the whole range.

Thanks,
Stephan

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”