Paintball Magic

S3D Automatic Fillament Unload. Replicator/FlashForge

E -30

This small bit of code will automatically unload your filament after the print job is done.
If you change colors/types frequently, This could save you 5 minutes of setup time per print.

In S3D look for your ending script and add an E -30 to the line of code that moves your build plate to the bottom when done. As the build plate drops, the filament will unload.

NOTES:

This should unload the tool/extruder that that was last active.

Make sure this command is placed before the cool down phase.

Not for use with the nylon filament guide. The roll must be placed above the machine.

When printing the same color, don't forget to reload the filament. (I've done that a few times)

Example end script below.

; **** Replicator 1 / FlashForge Creator dual end.gcode ****

M73 P100 ; end build progress

G1 Z150 E -30 F1000 ; send Z axis to bottom of machine and Unload filament

M140 S0 T0 ; cool down HBP

M104 S0 T0 ; cool down right extruder

M104 S0 T1 ; cool down left extruder

M127 ; stop blower fan

G162 X Y F3000 ; home XY maximum

M18 ; disable stepper

M72 P1 ; play Ta-Da song

; **** end of end.gcode ****

For dual extruder automatic unload. Add these lines to your end script just after the build plate moves down.

M135 T0;

G1 E -30 F1000 ;

M135 T1;

G1 E -30 F1000 ;

Give me a shout out if you like this tip. :D
laird

Re: S3D Automatic Fillament Unload. Replicator/FlashForge

This is a great tip, as it makes the FlashForge much easier to use. If you don't unload at the end of every print, the filament cools in a blob that can't be unloaded, and if you try it can leave a blob stuck in the extruder that's a pain to clear out.

What I did in addition was add the same about to the purge in the start gcode. That is, if the unload is E-30 (30mm retraction) I added 30 to the purging line at the start of the print (e.g. I changed E35 to E65) so the start of printing re-loads the filament and then purges 25mm. And if you've loaded a different filament, that's not a big deal - it just purges an extra 30mm of filament.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”