sendit

Can't get a succesfull print with Creator Pro and S3D

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Out of the gate I'll say I am new. However!

I use flash print and printed it wonderfully. Learning curved on the supports (used the tree one by mistake).

However I've tired literally all day to make this successful in S3D.

So far I've
*Change the Deafult Printing speed from 60mm/s to 30
*Primarily layer height 0.150, First layer being 135% of that for a (.21 base)
*Leveled the bed
*Made sure the bed was level
*Made sure again the bed was level, level, level.
Using ABS 1.75 Forge and Hatcbox with 35% fill in

The chamfer corner start to warp The cut outs along the spool holder fall down even though the its been supported in the cut outs.

Link to what I'm making. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:714533

CompoundCarl

Re: Can't get a succesfull print with Creator Pro and S3D

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Did you add enough support structures to support that handle? Did it look good in the preview? You may want to try the dense supports if it still is having trouble preventing warping on the bottom surfaces

sendit

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Yes I add the same amount as in flashprint who was successful.

Could you tell me how to make the supports more dense as you described? Thanks for the help!

CompoundCarl

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:35 am

Dense supports explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCVOsRA6Bc

And I'm sure it would help if you posted more pictures of your prints so that people can get a better idea of exactly what is going wrong. The more detail you can provide, the better odds that someone can help ;)

JasonA

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:38 am

I printed almost the same thing when I got my FFCP just recently but I had other problems with the unit where it came from the factory with X travel belts all outta wack (out of parallelogram). But anyways... when I started to print with S3D... this forum was great in helping with my issues and I found a few settings that helped me...

My FFCP needed the following settings..

1. Nozzle dia set to .40mm (for some reason the stock setting was .45 on default??)
2. Extrusion Multiplier cranked down to .98 to .92 depending on the ABS or PETg spool I was playing with.

#3 and the BIG ONE!! Extrusion Width needed to be set to .064 because this is what it actually is!!! not .048 like the default. Tested on loading filament through the nozzle for 30sec and printed a 1 wall cube and it was consistant at .063-.064.

After I made this change... everything is working great!. The ooze controls and settings don't do alot for me or my two friends that I just got them to buy S3D but this made all the difference on their FFCP as well!

And this was my thread here!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5059

Good luck!
2012 10kw Dual LQ cooled Brusa powered Leaf "Astro"
10kw Enphase System,SolarWorld Panels, QuickMountPV- ALL USA!! + 3kw SW panels string tie.
I fly drones and R/C.
2014 Rav4 "SuperRav" JdeMO - 2015 Tesla 70d (Model 3 on deposit) 8-)

andrewk72

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:46 am

It is quite common for printers with a 0.4mm nozzle to use an extrusion width of 0.4-0.5mm. Many other programs use similar numbers in that range. So you are of course welcome to experiment, but the defaults they have in the program line up pretty well with everything else I've seen, so I'm sure there's good reason for their choice.

But of course, glad the changes you made are working for you!

danielhenley

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:24 pm

First layer height should be smaller not larger. Try 95% not 135%.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”