Geoff

CubePro using nylon

Hi
I am wanting to experiment using white nylon in my cubepro. Does anyone know the three digit material code that the cubepro uses to signify nylon material. For example in the line "^MaterialCodeE1:259" the number 259 signifies ABS. Anyone know the code for nylon?
Any other advise,like best extruder temperature for nylon, would be welcome.
MichaelHerron

Re: CubePro using nylon

Geoff wrote:Hi
I am wanting to experiment using white nylon in my cubepro. Does anyone know the three digit material code that the cubepro uses to signify nylon material. For example in the line "^MaterialCodeE1:259" the number 259 signifies ABS. Anyone know the code for nylon?
Any other advise,like best extruder temperature for nylon, would be welcome.
You don't really need to use the code for the material you are using--you just need to use the code for whatever cartridges are present in the machine. If you are using cubepro nylon, then decrypt a file started with thE cubepro software. This will give you all the info you need.
Geoff

Thanks for you reply.
I have tried to decode the .cubepro file from the cubepro software but it will not work. I think the issue is that to use nylon I had to upgrade to the lastest version of cubepro software and the .cubepro output from this version (V1.101) will not decode in Codex, although it works fine in the printer. It have attached a .cubepro file from the software that will not decode properly. Could someone give it try and see if you can decode it?
The .bfb in the attachedment is the rubbish output I got when I decoded it.
Thanks.
Attachments
2 x 2 Cube.rar
(32.94 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
MichaelHerron

Geoff wrote:Thanks for you reply.
I have tried to decode the .cubepro file from the cubepro software but it will not work. I think the issue is that to use nylon I had to upgrade to the lastest version of cubepro software and the .cubepro output from this version (V1.101) will not decode in Codex, although it works fine in the printer. It have attached a .cubepro file from the software that will not decode properly. Could someone give it try and see if you can decode it?
The .bfb in the attachedment is the rubbish output I got when I decoded it.
Thanks.
The easiest way to get temperature for an unknown or new material is to use "Control Jets" option on touch screen.

Here, you can set a print-jet temperature, then manually feed the material to see how it flows.

try starting at 250C and see how the material feeds. If it doesn't feed, make sure you stop the extruder--otherwise you'll get a filament error within a couple seconds. (then have to start over)
Keep incrementing the temperature up 5 degrees until the material flows easily and the extruder doesn't skip.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”