dkightley

Version 3.1.0

Just spotted that the software release notes have been updated for version 3.1.0
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
dkightley

Re: Version 3.1.0

And the upgrade downloaded & installed.

Need to digest the release notes now.......

Edit......not a great deal to get excited about, I'm afraid.

Bit of a damp squid! :roll:
Doug Kightley
tonyno

Any more info on this?
Numerous enhancements to USB printing for da Vinci machines including real-time preview tracking and progress reporting
Did not see anything different during a print, so I'm assuming some setting needs to be changed?
pcman

dkightley wrote:Edit......not a great deal to get excited about, I'm afraid.
This is indeed disappointing, especially after such a long wait.
billyd

Very disappointing.
dkightley

I suppose I ought to expand on my comments as this thread is starting to get somewhat negative...and consequently depressing those involved in creating the upgrade....

Yes, there are some good things in the release....the addition of new printers, which is always good news...and the expansion of compatibility with newer firmware versions & features is also good news.......but my main disappointment is the following phrase from the announcement thread "dozens of highly requested features and upgrades".

The only "highly requested" feature or upgrade I can recognise from the release notes is changes to attempt to improve the handling of bad meshes. Nothing on thin wall processing, nothing on improving internal support and top layers, nothing on support for a 3D mouse, nothing on dynamic extrusion width, and many more changes and improvements that have been requested via the feature request section of the forum.

Its good to see that the software is still being supported and developed......but I'm bitterly disappointed in the content of the upgrade. Its as if the users on this forum are NOT being listened to! The software is very good.....but could be so much better if more of the enhancements were what a greater number of the users wanted.
Doug Kightley
andcorptech

If like me you have been waiting to connect your Dreamer with 2.4 FW than this is a great release. Thanks for the update. on Face value not much has changed other than newer/updated printers but from reading the release notes there are a lot of behind the scenes refinements that most users probably wouldn't notice, only those that were aware or care about the issues fixed, such as the many vocal ( and justifiably so) people who have been locked out of the software with bugs in the DRM/Licensing. Hopefully this update fixes their issues.
Not sure if Ill notice anything different in the printed end products from my Dreamer, but it would be hard to improve on prints that were already pretty damn good as it was.
billyd

dkightley wrote:I suppose I ought to expand on my comments as this thread is starting to get somewhat negative...and consequently depressing those involved in creating the upgrade....

Yes, there are some good things in the release....the addition of new printers, which is always good news...and the expansion of compatibility with newer firmware versions & features is also good news.......but my main disappointment is the following phrase from the announcement thread "dozens of highly requested features and upgrades".

The only "highly requested" feature or upgrade I can recognise from the release notes is changes to attempt to improve the handling of bad meshes. Nothing on thin wall processing, nothing on improving internal support and top layers, nothing on support for a 3D mouse, nothing on dynamic extrusion width, and many more changes and improvements that have been requested via the feature request section of the forum.

Its good to see that the software is still being supported and developed......but I'm bitterly disappointed in the content of the upgrade. Its as if the users on this forum are NOT being listened to! The software is very good.....but could be so much better if more of the enhancements were what a greater number of the users wanted.

Yup exactly,
wfcook

My guess is that this is a minor bug-fix release that has been sent out to appease the masses, while the major "version 4" release is behind schedule. As soon as I saw "3.1" I figured the release would be incremental.
andrewk72

Many of the features they added ARE highly requested. For example, go read around on the flashforge forums if you want to see how many people were having problems with the dreamer firmware. Same with the XYZ forums and the 1.0 Pro. For me, they also fixed 3 big bugs that were causing lots of problems that I complained about many MANY times. Another thing I'm happy with is their automatic repair stuff that is now allowing lots of my parts to slice correctly, even through I know they have some mesh issues. That's a huge time saver for me.

Of course, there's still plenty of other requests, and I'm sure some of those are being worked on and will come along when they get to bigger releases like 4.0. But don't disregard many of the good changes they made in this release. There's lots of things in it that many of us have asked for many times. The software is much better now, and I for one am thankful they are still working on it and improving it.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”