MDMTom

delta printer parts sloping

so im having an issue printing at any speed on my 2 delta wasp 2040 turbos.

and i was hoping someone might have an answer.

printed at ranges from 120-250mm/s at 210c in fiberforces high speed PLA, perimiters are set to 60%

seems to follow the long axis with whatever orientation i put it in s3d with.

however using Cura i get perfectly straight results! much worse surface though compared to when s3d works well.

any ideas to help fix this?
CompoundCarl

Re: delta printer parts sloping

I know there is a known bug with one of the old firmware versions that caused this, but I'm pretty sure that was at least 1.5-2 years old. So hopefully the deltawasp people have updated their firmware branch recently and aren't using some really old version. You can of course ask them though. If they tell you they are using a branch of Marlin/Repetier from 2014 or 2015, then that's probably what the issue is.

If I remember, the solution back then was to go to the G-Code tab and disable "allow zeroing of extrusion distances (G92 E0)". Of course, there's no reason to do this except for the fact that the firmware had a really bad bug that caused the shifting.

Besides that, you can look through the gcode file that S3D created. If you don't see slanted coordinates in the file, then something else with the machine must be causing the issue (perhaps skipped steps or bad motor current?)
MDMTom

Excellent! cheers for that ill trial disabling the extruder zeroing while i wait for an update on firmware version.

many thanks
rrapier

Thank you so much for posting this!!!

I have been going crazy trying to figure out why simplify3d was causing prints to get skewed. every single google answer on earth is "check your belts"
I have no problems printing in slic3r or whatever, but damn i wanted simplify3d's smooth and speedy prints!

thank you again CompoundCarl
rrapier

actually, this just made my prints lean the other way. Haha
lysaer

Hi there

I have recently been experiencing the same issue with my printer, did you ever manage to resolve this please ?

https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8551

Thanks in advance
3Drasle

/Michael, Denmark
lysaer

Thank you, I will take a look now

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”