Looks (for you) like it was worth the wait. A major rev is always a big thing and is always scary, no matter how much you test it. But Clayton and the team have accumulated a large number of printers to test on. (That must be one fascinating test lab to watch in action! I wonder what the electrical bill looks like... and the PLA / ABS bill!) I'm sure you're aware that S3D started from the MakerGear M2 and the other Marlin / RepRap printers, but they keep adding more. I'm sure the support for other printers is much more 'designed-in' for 2.0.0.
I just started printing the MAKE torture test, and even with the G2/G3 function removed, the columns seem to be coming out pretty good -- so far. We'll see when it's done. Getting the columns just right has been the hardest part for me. Too little coast or too high an extrusion multiplier and the sides don't line up well. Too much coast or too low an ex-mul and they come out with a gap along one side. But I'm dialing in the tuning pretty well now. This one I'm running with auto-generated supports, so it should be about as good as I can make it when I remove the brim and supports.
I see no changes in screen rendering on my Dell E6500 running Linux Mint 13 with the NVIDIA video drivers. So, sorry, I can't help with the blurriness. Probably best to e-mail S3D support -- that, and make sure you have the best drivers for your display.