dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Found 2.0.0 in the downloads last night

All,

Clayton will get me for this, I'm sure ;-) but every day or so for the last couple weeks I've been hitting the downloads page to see what comes back. Last night I downloaded 2.0.0 for Linux 64-bit. VERY NICE!!! I haven't hooked it up to my M2 yet, but the changes I saw in the FFF setup were very welcome indeed! Can't wait to get home from work this evening and run some torture tests, etc.

Calyton and all at Simplify3D: sorry for taking the thunder away from your big announcement! but: YAY!!!!!

Dale
3dyeti

Re: Found 2.0.0 in the downloads last night

Just downloaded the windows 64-bit version. Odd they haven't had a thread about it. They usually walk through the additions/revisions.
jimc

3dyeti, im sure they will post a list of changes. i have a short, probably incomplete list but ill just wait for clayton to post the formal one.
jimc

ok well since no one has been on to post changes yet, ill give you guys a slightly older unofficial change list for v2.0. some of this may have been changed and its probably incomplete but it gives you guys something to work with untill the official list is posted.

- Added direct USB control for MakerBot-style printers
- Added helical printing mode for single outlines parts such as vases or bracelets
- New sequential printing mode for multiple process printing
- Added new wipe feature to help avoid excessive stringing with bowden or other oozy nozzles
- An entire new collection of retraction controls for better control over when these movements take place
- More options for repairing non-manifold models during slicing, including all-solid merge mode
- Removed arc detection and G2/G3 replacement since it was causing a lot of problems with some of the incompatible RepRap firmwares
- First layer height can now be changed without affecting the first layer extrusion width, allows better squishing of filament for better adhesion
- Inner perimeter speeds are now also controlled based on outer-most outline speed
- Added new method for simple stacked infill or half-height outlines by specifying the infill layer interval
- Better extrusion rates for low layer height printing
- Bed leveling wizard now includes option to specify constant Z-height for movement sequence
- Better Machine Control Panel support for dual extruders
- Added option for custom tool change G-Code scripts
- Added automatic graphics switching for cards that do not support high performance OpenGL drawing modes
- Previewer has been updated to show entire build by default, play/pause button has new smart rewind feature
- Bridging fan speed override is now included
- Better detection and prevention of harmful heated bed temperature settings
guidozelf

I felt very much let down after I was "forced" to buy the previous version, without an option to try it out - since it didn't play well with my Rep2.
Just downloaded this new version, and it looks like a big (really big) improvement: immediately able to print, with heated bed and without much tinkering.
Good job!
Finally in a postion to start enjoying my purchase.
Cheers, Guido
Zeeflyboy

great, just downloaded it - thanks for the heads up.

Any reason why the Creator software is fuzzy and low res on my new retina display MBP 13"? seems to be the only program I have affected by it - the buttons and text are all a bit blurry and low res looking.
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Guido,

Looks (for you) like it was worth the wait. A major rev is always a big thing and is always scary, no matter how much you test it. But Clayton and the team have accumulated a large number of printers to test on. (That must be one fascinating test lab to watch in action! I wonder what the electrical bill looks like... and the PLA / ABS bill!) I'm sure you're aware that S3D started from the MakerGear M2 and the other Marlin / RepRap printers, but they keep adding more. I'm sure the support for other printers is much more 'designed-in' for 2.0.0.

I just started printing the MAKE torture test, and even with the G2/G3 function removed, the columns seem to be coming out pretty good -- so far. We'll see when it's done. Getting the columns just right has been the hardest part for me. Too little coast or too high an extrusion multiplier and the sides don't line up well. Too much coast or too low an ex-mul and they come out with a gap along one side. But I'm dialing in the tuning pretty well now. This one I'm running with auto-generated supports, so it should be about as good as I can make it when I remove the brim and supports.

Zee,

I see no changes in screen rendering on my Dell E6500 running Linux Mint 13 with the NVIDIA video drivers. So, sorry, I can't help with the blurriness. Probably best to e-mail S3D support -- that, and make sure you have the best drivers for your display.

Good luck!
Dale
Nextgen3D

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to get to the download page.

When I check for updates from the help tab I get a message telling me that I'm up to date ????

Thanks, Steve
08-12-2013 09-06-29.png
08-12-2013 09-06-29.png
Attachments
08-12-2013 09-07-37.jpg
Nextgen3D

Cheers, thanks a bunch :D

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”