Rogers

Version 2 assistance required

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:37 am

Hi there

I am hoping that somebody can answer a few questions that I have. I have been using creator for about 6 months but recently tried Repetier host when I started building a delta. The latest creator seems to have better support for Delta printers but I am battling when changing from one printer to the next. When I open Repetier host, I choose which printer I am going to use from a list of printers that I create. That then opens the view of the build platform for the printer I have chosen. With Creator, I go Tools/options/machines and there I can select Cartesian or Delta and change the values for the build platform. My problem is that it doesn’t remember the values so each time that I change from Cartesian to Delta, I have to retype the values for the build platform. I am sure that I am missing something which automates this.

My other question relates to pausing a print. With Repetier, after pausing a print, you can move the print head around and retract/extrude plastic and when you press resume, it returns to where you clicked pause and then carries on printing. Is there any way of doing this with Creator?

Many thanks
Roger

Clayton

Re: Version 2 assistance required

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:07 am

Hey Roger,

You're absolutely right - there is a better way! The software gives you a very easy method to update these machine settings directly from your FFF profile. That way when you switch to your new slicing settings for the other printer, it will automatically update the build dimensions as well. It's a great way to handle switching between multiple printers!

Open your FFF Settings and click on the G-Code tab. If you can't see this tab you may need to click the "Show Advanced" button. You will see a section on the right for automatically updating your machine definition. Make sure to enable that option and set the parameters accordingly. When you click Save, it will automatically apply these changes and update the machine settings. You can then export that profile to save these FFF Settings so you can load them later on whenever you switch between printers.

And yes, the software has a pause feature as well. When you are running a USB print, simply click the big Pause button at the top left of the Machine Control Panel. You can then jog the axes, switch out filament, clean the nozzle, etc. Just be sure to be careful to not knock into your printed part during the process! When you are done, click the Resume button to go right back to where you left off.

Rogers

Re: Version 2 assistance required

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks for the reply Clayton. That has sorted out my printer selection question.
Is it possible to print from 2 printers at the same time by having 2 control panels open?
I tried the pause button (to the right of the stop and disconnect buttons.) I then tried jogging in a few directions and the printer did nothing but when I pressed resume it did the jogs and carried on printing in the new position which was now in mid-air. Any idea what silly mistake I am making?

Thanks
Roger

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”