fritz

Re: Alternative to CodeX for CubePro/CubeX printer

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Tonight, I am proud to present to you....... the Windows version. Yay! Sleep is overrated anyway. ;)

You can get the Windows version from the releases page. Just download the right .exe file and drag/drop your .bfb file onto it. Then a .cubepro or .cubex file should appear beside the .bfb file. You might also want to take a look at the readme.

gurusonwheels

Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:51 am

fritz wrote:Tonight, I am proud to present to you....... the Windows version. Yay! Sleep is overrated anyway. ;)

You can get the Windows version from the releases page. Just download the right .exe file and drag/drop your .bfb file onto it. Then a .cubepro or .cubex file should appear beside the .bfb file. You might also want to take a look at the readme.

looks like you make have linked to wrong dll .. you have it linked against the debug dll .
this is not on users systems .

you have it linked to
vcruntime140d.dll

it should be
vcruntime140.dll

can you fix this and reupload .

thanks for your hard work

Could_Do_Better

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:15 am

I've recompiled for release.

32bit & 64bit versions available here.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

I'll be buying Simplify 3D tonight.

Thank you Fritz!!!!!

fritz

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:28 am

gurusonwheels wrote:looks like you make have linked to wrong dll .. you have it linked against the debug dll .
this is not on users systems .
Oh, thanks for the hint. I really didn't think of that.

I've recompiled as Release and uploaded the files to github, so you can now find them on the github releases page linked above. Those are all x86 32-bit executables, but that's not really a problem because 64-bit Windows can execute 32-bit programs just fine.

Also, thanks Could_Do_Better for your effort. :)

bolsoncerrado

Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Anyone tried this with a Cube3??

bolsoncerrado

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:01 am

I loaded the file on S3D, adjusted settings, saved as BFB, encoded with the above, copied the .cube3 file to the USB and now the printer is expecting ABS filament :????? I only have PLA.

Any clues?

advancedrescue

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:32 pm

I've got a cubepro, but have recently put the duet wifi board in it, and installed duel e3d volcanos.

I'd like to have the basic functions and start up and end routine of the cubepro tho.

For instance:
At beginning of print job
-extruder move to waste bin
--get up to target temp
---extrude
----exit waste bin
-----start print

I know the profiles here are for the stock cubes, but if I download them will it have these codes in the start script so I can copy? Or does anyone have them?

brian442

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:06 am

Yes, you can edit the starting and ending scripts to do whatever actions you want at the beginning and end of the print

dcch

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:23 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone got a bfb file converted that works on the v2.0.0 firmware on the cubepro. I've tried to convert a file produced in simplify3D with the converter linked here, when I load it into the cubepro I don't get a picture on the screen and it spends forever trying to heat up. I've tried putting the header from a .cubepro file that prints into the converted cubepro file and into a bfb file before conversion and it still doesn't work.

I've just taken over this cubepro trio printer and would really like for it not to be a whitehorse and having to explain to SMT why money was wasted by the chap who is about to become my line manager!

Many thanks for your advice.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”