totalitarian

Re: Toggle dual nozzle temps with tool change script?

Any update on this guys? I think I have an issue where PLA is caramelising while the tool is waiting for the other tool to finish.
joaojoao

Hi,
I'm using this tool change script with sucess, and I even use a M109 to wait for cold down temperatures to. But I have a problem that I don't know how to resolve: at the very first layer the print starts without waiting for temperature to cold down in one of the extruders..oozing happens..anyone knows how to do this?..since when print starts there is neither old or new tool, I think the code as to be diferent..
I tried to set first layer temperature to cold down temperature in one of the extruders, but when layer 2 starts, layer temperature settings in S3D temperature settings tab overwrites the temperature in tool change sript code, so, that won't work. And only work if in the first layer only one extruder is printing. So, that isn't a solution.
jlund

I am a new user of S3D so might have missed something obvious, but wondered the same thing and did not find an answer.

So far for each material process I set the extruder of the other material to a hardcoded inactive temperature. That way it seems to always get set before printing a new layer including the first one.
DarthRevan

jlund wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:50 am I am a new user of S3D so might have missed something obvious, but wondered the same thing and did not find an answer.

So far for each material process I set the extruder of the other material to a hardcoded inactive temperature. That way it seems to always get set before printing a new layer including the first one.
Dorsai's advice works fine for me. Was there something more specific you're having an issue with?
dorsai3d wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:05 pm You can do exactly that thanks to the IF OLDTOOL and IF NEWTOOL statements. See this thread for an example of exactly what you're asking to do: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”