rogerx3

getting started guide

Hi will there be a getting started guide?.
instaled and ran first time.. was inpressed.
but after I closed it, I could not re start it.. path not found.
Lunix user initaly as super user was ok.
but as a standard human being having no luck.. basicaly I've run out of talent.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: getting started guide

The software is a standard installation so it should be as easy as double-clicking on the new desktop icon. Can you tell me what path your software was installed at? On Ubuntu 12.10, ours is /opt/S3DCreator*. If you don't know or can't remember, you can always run the installer again up until the point where it lets you choose a directory.
rogerx3

It is installed in the default directory.. screen shot of an error message on exiting after the program runs correctly.
message on exit
message on exit
first-run-message.png (44.07 KiB) Viewed 6645 times
The way I have installed and run is..
Run terminal add command accsept defaults ect.. program runs.. quit program.. get msg.. close terminal... click desktop icon.. nothing.
Run terminal add command accsept defaults ect.. program runs.. close terminal... Message terminal process running (exit any way).. quit program.. get msg.. click desktop icon.. nothing.
After both ways when clicking on the desktop icon nothing happens, to re-run the app I have to reinstall again.
the first time ever I ran it I also activated it, subesquent runs remembers it has been activated.. I removed the previous installment. but it seems to remember.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

The good news is that if you got it to run, it's definitely compatible. It sounds like it's maybe just a permissions issue. What version of Linux are you running? Can you post the return code you get when running the application (I believe typing $? in the terminal after running it will give you that).
rogerx3

Thank you for the responses here and in the makergear group both people you replied to were actualy me.
I've now got it running on an identical machine (dell d620) running ubuntu 12.4, the problem machine has as you pointed out has some conflict with one of many unsupported up grades that i've installed.
the working machine is actualy connected to my M2 printer.. So I'm very happy.:D
one final question though, the authentification of software is it one per user?(as the seccond one runs flawlessly exsept for when I add the key code.. it hangs).
PS
The software install was straight forward as per your instructions.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

It will let you install on up to 2 machines (presumably to cover a laptop and a desktop), so you should see any issues when activating on the second one. I'll PM you some additional steps to try, but I'm glad we were able to resolve the installation issues you were having

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”