Edwin

Different extrusion multipliers

Hi,

Is it possible to separate the extrusion multiplier for bottom and top solid layers from the perimeter shells and set it separately?

I always have the need to use a much smaller extrusion multiplier for Bottom and Top Solid Layer for the perimeter shells to print especially smooth perimeter shells.
At the moment, I am working with several processes, but then I have always unsightly perimeter shells where I print Bottom and Top Solid Layers each with their own process.

Greetings Edwin
arhi

Re: Different extrusion multipliers

++
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
kabali16

Edwin wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to separate the extrusion multiplier for bottom and top solid layers from the perimeter shells and set it separately?

I always have the need to use a much smaller extrusion multiplier for Bottom and Top Solid Layer for the perimeter shells to print especially smooth perimeter shells.
At the moment, I am working with several processes, but then I have always unsightly perimeter shells where I print Bottom and Top Solid Layers each with their own process.

Greetings Edwin
It is possible that your extrusion width is not set correctly. Try adjusting this. Are you seeing gaps between outlines or between outlines and infill ?
Kabali daww!!
Prusa i3 | Kossel
Simplify3D | Cura | Repetier Host | Octoprint
Edwin

My extrusion width is already set correctly and this behavior has nothing to do with it since these settings have no influence on the result. For the outer perimeter shell, I can easily achieve much less material printing and especially smooth surfaces than bottom and top players. If I now divide this into different processes, I have always with the bottom and toplayers on the sides too much material, which I need to fill the deck but it is very smooth. Just the sides do not. Therefore, my question was whether one can adjust in S3D over any way sepaprat. This is a difference of up to 10% less material I need for the pages.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”