davedfx

Flashforge with Sailfish Acceleration

Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:34 pm

My flashforge dual bot is shaking to pieced when printing fast. I'm on sailfish with accel on in the bot.
How does the 3sd creator handle the acceleration and deceleration?

jimc

Re: Flashforge with Sailfish Acceleration

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Not sure about the ff but my makergear m2 which runs marlin, all the acceleration is handled by the firmware not creator.

dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:12 pm

jimc wrote:Not sure about the ff but my makergear m2 which runs marlin, all the acceleration is handled by the firmware not creator.
Ah, but it can be set by sending G-codes at any time -- just DON'T save to EEPROM with M500. I modify accel in my start G-code in my basic FFF.

Dale

dnewman

Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:11 pm

davedfx wrote:My flashforge dual bot is shaking to pieced when printing fast. I'm on sailfish with accel on in the bot.
How does the 3sd creator handle the acceleration and deceleration?
Sounds like you do not have acceleration enabled on the bot. You can enable it from the LCD display under Utilities > General Settings. The alternatives are that for some reason, GPX under the hood generated s3g and not x3g from the gcode. Or, you did not follow the setup guide for installing Sailfish (http://www.makerbot.com/sailfish/setup/). Do you see this same behavior with prints from MW or RepG? I ask that in order to tell where the issue may lie.

As to the comments about setting acceleration parameters with mcodes, MBI firmwares do not do that. Marlin does since, in some cases, it is run on bots with no user interfaces (LCD screens) and only primitive control software on the desktop. Users of those machines then either have to compile Marlin with the settings they need or send them in the gcode. MBI firmwares don't even consume gcode -- they consume s3g/x3g. And it is possible to send close to a hundred or so parameter settings via s3g/x3g, but no one really bothers and instead uses some combination of the onboard user interface or tools such as MakerWare or RepG.

Dan

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”