Not every release can be a 3.0.0arhi wrote:looks like it ...dkightley wrote:Don't tell me this is a repeat of this previous thread....
5 months of work
- Japanese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish localization is usually not something devs do, you pay someone to translate resources and that's it so approx 2 hours of development went into this
- Updated Dual Extrusion Wizard to support printers with 3 or more extruders 3+ extruders is not something I notices in the feature requests, not a single one, also "what updates" happened here? what's better?
- Greatly improved dense support structure processing for complex models I don't see anything different, seen already a bug report on this new improved support ... anyhow I am happy if support generation is getting better
- Improved post-processing script performance ?!?!?! post processing script is - you call external app that we write in the textbox - what is "improved" there.. the scripts are the same, you are sending the same g-code... details?
- Improved placement for M103 commands within BFB files would be interesting to see how many bfb users you have .. I have 2 bfb electronics on my shelf .. useless piece of crap Iain undersigned cheeping out on parts ... without netfabb's firmware it's supercrap .. anyhow "placement of M103" that's like 2 hours of work?
- Added support for over 20 new... great, would be better if you looked at the feature request and added an API for adding printers so *anyone* from the 3d printing community can add their printer to s3d .. you'd get free advert from all those manufacturers as they would mention you in "we have library for simplify3d for our printer" and you would not have to continue to chase for all the new printers that show up all over the world ...
this is so little work for 5 engineer months .. and that's a single full time engineer working on this .. very sad .. and the whole "vote on the feature requests", "want feedback", "no feedback" story ... ;(
lemme put it like this - in my company, this would be a nice changelog for a weekly update
The "enhancements" in this sub-release seem to be to expand the market for the product. Non-English languages has the potential to bring in thousands of potential customers who wouldn't have considered the product before now. And expanding the range of printers has a much smaller, but significant effect.....bringing the product to a wider market....making money for the developer.Let's hope this is because they are working so hard to rock us with 4.0.