SidneyKi

Getting the print off the bed

Hello,

I had a couple prints I broke trying to get the pla print off the bed.
Any suggestions on making it easier?

Also if I use a raft on the print how to get that off the model with out breaking.

I have a heated bed, printing at 0.4 layer height. The bed just has build tak on it.

Thank you
Sidney
Heutinck

Re: Getting the print off the bed

if you are pr9inting on a glass sheet, put it in the freezer for 5 or 10 minutes.
C_Birch81

Re: Getting the print off the bed

SidneyKi wrote:Hello,

I had a couple prints I broke trying to get the pla print off the bed.
Any suggestions on making it easier?

Also if I use a raft on the print how to get that off the model with out breaking.

I have a heated bed, printing at 0.4 layer height. The bed just has build tak on it.

Thank you
Sidney
Is a few things you want to check.
1) First you are using buildtak what's really good, but you want to make sure the gap between the build bed and the print head is bigger than normal, so try doing some test print and each time make the gap a little bigger, because using buildtak you don't need to push the first layer into the bed.

Sometimes it helps to let the bed cool down first also, and don't run it too hot, if using PLA you really should not need to go any hotter than 50c

2) For the raft, you will find a setting for the raft that lets you pick how much of an gap you will have between the raft and first layer of the model, see "separation Distance"
Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 20.38.15.png
Also it's best to let the print cool down first.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”