mvdwater

multiple installation

i can't find it anywhere so quickly, but is multiple installation of the programm allowed?
i like to have the program as well as on the office as at home, so that i can prepare new prints in the evening
wirlybird

Re: multiple installation

They say it is ok on two computers. I run it on two and it logs in fine.
cj11363

The challenge, at least for me, is that there does not appear to be a mechanism for sharing printer profiles between the 2 machines. My printers are network connected and I use both a laptop & a desktop to produce STL files. I've resigned myself to only using Simplify 3d on the desktop as it's just to much hassle to manage my printer profiles via export/import every time I make any change to a profile.

I really like Simplify 3d but am considering switching to CURA just so that I can complete a printing workflow on either my desktop or my laptop.
KeyboardWarrior

cj11363 wrote:The challenge, at least for me, is that there does not appear to be a mechanism for sharing printer profiles between the 2 machines. My printers are network connected and I use both a laptop & a desktop to produce STL files. I've resigned myself to only using Simplify 3d on the desktop as it's just to much hassle to manage my printer profiles via export/import every time I make any change to a profile.

I really like Simplify 3d but am considering switching to CURA just so that I can complete a printing workflow on either my desktop or my laptop.
Save a factory file to a network location, then open that factory file from your other computer to pick up where that one left off. Factory file saves the processes, files that are imported all in one.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”