Devlin

I'm stumped??

I'm having a difficult time trying to get an inside feature to print. Something simple like a square base, with a round boss that has a hole in the center. No matter what option I change, I can not get the hole to show in the preview. I'm stumped! Any suggestions?
jimc

Re: I'm stumped??

can you save what you have as a .factory file and post it up here? this way we can look at it. off the top of my head two things come to mind without seeing your model. in the "other" tab under slicing behavior do you have " merge all outlines into a solid model" checked? uncheck it if so. the other thing is possibly size. if the hole is too small it may not show. basically if its smaller than a line width making it so the slicer has no room to add that detail then it may not show. a third thing is when you export your model from your cad software to an stl you MUST make sure everything is joined together into one solid model. anywhere that two separate pieces overlap will be voided. this is something i hope s3d considers a bug and they fix. makes adding things like mouse ears to your model a real pia.
Devlin

Yep, that was it. Once I turned off the "merge all outlines..." everything worked just fine. Thanks JimC! Now if I could just get a good top layer to print, I'm golden.
OldRick

Merge all outlines seems to be set as the default when the product is installed. Why, I can't imagine.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”