Lycan

support scarring

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Hello All,

Only just purchased Simplify 3D and cannot believe the change in bed adhesion and print quality with one unfortunate exception.

ANYTHING I print with support`s leaves massive scarring / pooling / burning of the object surface, pretty much turns an otherwise perfect print into scrap.

Its quite possibly something in my settings, but as only had the product 24 Hrs, thought some of you may be able to help eliminate this issue in minutes instead of hours / days and save me some mega frustrations - So close to a perfect print yet so far :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Using 2 Flashforge printers, a Creator X and a Creator Pro, with both giving same result, never had scarring when using RepG, Slic3r.

Apart from that am truly impressed with software capabilities and the improved quality on my prints.

Steve

brian442

Re: support scarring

Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:02 am

Well just from your description, it sounds like you might be interested in reading this:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... e-supports

Lycan

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:05 am

brian442 wrote:Well just from your description, it sounds like you might be interested in reading this:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... e-supports
Thanks Brian,

Still a lot of trial and error at this point as scarring still an issue.

heggety

Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:56 am

Hi Lycan, I am a newbie and I am running into the same issue as you and was wondering if you have found a solution to this. Printing without supports I get a nice main surface, but with supports in I get quite bad scarring of the same area that printed perfectly without the supports. I have upped the density of the supports and slowed down the speed of the printing of them to no avail. Improving the quality of the prints does not help either. Looks like it gets worse at the layers that are at the end of a support or the layer(s) directly above. It also looks like it there is less or no plastic being placed down on the outer layer, it is consistently worse on one side of the print which leads me to think that the problem is either at the start of a layer or towards the end of a layer. I have adjusted the parameters described in the "Poor surface above supports" but they do not appear to have an impact on the scarring issues I am having.

Any info you could share on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hege

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”