alexmit

Infill to perimeter issues

I was never too consumed with my Taz print quality until recently. I've been dialing in several materials to get the best results for a while now. I noticed that when my printer moves from the infill to the perimeter on a test cube it jerks very quickly during that step and makes ridges every so many layers on the corners of cubes. It's pretty pronounced. The same print sliced and printed in CURA at the same types of speeds displays no issues. Lowering speed, changing acceleration and jerk did not change the results from S3D. Has anyone seen this and maybe have a solution?
brian442

Re: Infill to perimeter issues

The speed when moving from the infill to perimeters is controlled by the "XY axis movement speed" on the Other tab of your process settings. So if you think it's moving too fast, you can lower that down to 1200mm/min (20mm/s) or something like that. Decreasing acceleration and jerk can also help, but make sure you set it correctly, as otherwise you can easily lose those changes when you restart the printer. Might be best to ask lulzbot about how to do that, since I've heard other people complain that they disabled EEPROM settings in their stock firmware which makes it difficult to make the changes permanent.
alexmit

Re: Infill to perimeter issues

brian442 wrote:The speed when moving from the infill to perimeters is controlled by the "XY axis movement speed" on the Other tab of your process settings. So if you think it's moving too fast, you can lower that down to 1200mm/min (20mm/s) or something like that. Decreasing acceleration and jerk can also help, but make sure you set it correctly, as otherwise you can easily lose those changes when you restart the printer. Might be best to ask lulzbot about how to do that, since I've heard other people complain that they disabled EEPROM settings in their stock firmware which makes it difficult to make the changes permanent.
I didn't have any problems changing acceleration or jerk and saving it (which stock settings work fine in CURA). I did try going from 175mm/s to 75mm/s for X/Y axis movement speed which had no effect on the issue I speak of. I'll try lowering it more. Something with the infill is doing this. I'm will also try turning off wipe movements or retraction during wipe in S3D and see if that helps.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”