jrpmedia

Default Script Settings

Is there a way to set Default Script Settings so every time I open an S3D file it updates or overrides just those Scripts settings?

I have added a Blower & Fan to my FlashForge Creator Pro and now want printing to always start on the RIGHT side of the Print Bed Front Corner and Not the LEFT [coz it crashes into the rails there now due to the added with].

Thanks,
IDM Imagineering
Professional Equipment for SuperHEROs.
https://www.idmimagineering.co.uk
DarthRevan

Re: Default Script Settings

Sure, you can select "Save as new" and your profile edits will become a new profile entirely that are preserved. The last selected profile should be the one that loads when you start a new print project, so just select the newly saved profile and you'll consistently load with your desired script settings.
jrpmedia

Thank you, good to know :-)

Like most people, every design of mine has a variation in settings ... so if you don't hear from me again, I've gone Mad! #HaHa
IDM Imagineering
jrpmedia

I was hoping there may be somewhere inside the OSX App's PACKAGE where I could edit the Default FF Creator Pro setting files ... in a code-like way?
IDM Imagineering
DarthRevan

You can export the profile with File > Export FFF Profile. I've personally found this to be more helpful for when I want to change something being assigned to materials/qualities. Example: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5977&p=25950#p25947

For editing the scripts I've found it much easier to do so inside S3D's UI. The UI automatically inserts newline characters in the XML when you save the profile. This allows you to write readable code for your script in the UI and have it be saved in the less easy to read, but correct, format where the entire script is on a single line inside an XML tag.

So it depends on what you're hoping to achieve in an external editing program. But you can do both. You can edit your scripts in the UI, then save your profile and export it. Then make any other edits you wish and import the profile back into Simplify3D using File > Import FFF Profile. :geek:
wirlybird

Does the supplied profile for the FFCP not work for you? On mine it takes into account the fan.
DarthRevan

I've access to one of the older Creator Pro's that has been upgraded with Flash Forge USA's Fan kit. The last profile I got from the Configuration Assistant worked well with that setup. (NO CRASHING)

I can't say I've had any experience with the newer models that now come stock with the fan attached.
wirlybird

Got it. My newer one doesn't have a problem
My QIDI did at first because the profile they used didn't take into account the fan but they fixed that so no longer a problem.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”