JohnSays

Using multiple processes

I combined 5 processes into one print job to speed up the time it take sot print an object. Mostly I used them to vary the layer heights at specific parts of the print such that the vertical areas with the most detail got the lowest layer heights. I am using S3D 3.1.1 and a 0.60 nozzle. I print the first 1.6mm at a layer height of .4 and then switch to 0.2 until a height of 4.0 mm. That seems to have gone fine. Then I switch back to 0.4 mm for the next 10 mm. At the interface between the last two processes, the diameter of my part (it is bell shaped overall) increases. My though is that this is the result of having a larger first layer height and width left over from the first process when I copied them. Is it the case that the First Layer Settings for each process actually get used at the start of the process and not just at the start of the print?
horst.w

Re: Using multiple processes

JohnSays wrote: Mostly I used them to vary the layer heights at specific parts of the print such that ....

Not possible! You can't set different LayerHighs in different prozesses for different objects. It is to print always on the same level for all.

Have a look to the thread with printing one part with raft and an other part at the same time without raft. That's the same problem.

Regards
horst.w, GER
brian442

I just printed a part earlier today that had multiple processes that used different layer heights for the same model, so I think it's possible.

I think the first layer height is only used for the very first layer of the entire print that is touching the bed. But you should be able to use the preview to look for any issues with the layer positions. Perhaps you could also use the global z-axis offset it you need to make small adjustments to the position of the layers in a specific process.
TEDCF

Are you using the fan during the different layers? The different layer heights cool differently and can cause the bell shape.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”