ketil

Small details

Hi,

I have to say this software sounds impressive, and I am very tempted to purchase it to use with my MakerGear M2. However, I have a specific requirement for the time being, and I was wondering if anyone here could help me verify how this is handled before I go ahead and purchase right away.

Would anyone with the Creator Software download and slice this test part, and upload the gcode?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8154223/test-slots.stl

It's basically a cube with some slots that are 0.1mm to 0.6mm wide, at 0.1mm increments. The slicers I'm familiar with (sfact and slic3r) don't actually print the smallest details, they are simply filled in. I've heard that other slicers handle this better, but before I start familiarizing myself with any of those other slicers, it'd be good to know if Creator can currently do this for me.

Thanks!
mir4k

Re: Small details

Hi

I just ran your mocel through my newly installed Creator 3D. It sliced in a sec and the preview looks good. I'll attached the G-CODE for your review. Hope that helps.

Cheers from switzerland

(PS: No further experience yet as I am still anxoiusly tracking my M2 shippment:)
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Ketil, I sent you a PM. Cube slices no problem and all the thin slices are maintained. It only took 0.06 seconds to generate the G-Code on my laptop too :D
ketil

Thanks for the help, I'm convinced. :)

Cheers, Ketil

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”