Chemicalcorrosion

My 2 Cents.

I just wanted to chime in about "Creator". I have been more than pleased with your product. I was very frustrated trying to decifer and use multiple programs(pronterface, slic3r, repetier) just to print. Actually, I never really successfully printed anything using that method to my satisfaction. In comes Creator, and my very first successful print! I've been using it since its release, and every update makes it better. If anyone is on the fence on wether or not to purchase it, I say a big YES. The learning curve is short and very easy. I have finally been enjoying my M2 printer. I'm looking forward to seeing what this software evolves in to.

Thank you S3D,
Dave C
Earsmith

Re: My 2 Cents.

I came to the same conclusion as well. From what I've seen by several of the members it convinced me get the product. From 1.0.3 to 1.0.6 has seen a leap in satisfaction. Leaning the other programs you listed and Meshlab had me feeling a little overwhelmed. Picking up Blender 2.66 fairly well, lots of repeated mistakes and steep learning curve but well worth it.

Thanks for posting.
Karl_Williams

I agree. This is great software and it keeps getting better. I'm still waiting for my M2 but I've been getting some very nice prints on my old mendel.
Karl_Williams

Here is a picture of a robot gripper I've been working on. I redesigned the servo linkage to use the servo horn that comes with the servo to eliminate any slipping on the servo shaft. Each part was designed in solidworks, exported as STL's then sliced and printed with Creator running my reprap Mendel with Gen6 electronics. I have been using a MakerGear hotend on the extruder for almost a year now without any problems and that convinced me to order an M2. I should be getting the M2 in the next couple of weeks and I'm very happy that Creator also works well with the Mendel. Creator is excellent!

tomlombardi

I've been printing non-stop with my M2 and Creator, this is the best printer and software for the least amount of money! It's painful to look in on the M******t forum, those poor souls, if they only knew.
Tom
Makergear M2 since Feb. 2013
Makerbot TOM since Feb. 2011
mathisyourfriend

I've been messing with each new version as I wait for my M2 and it continues to look more than promising. I've already downloaded tomlombardi's settings (thanks). Please keep us posted on your tweaks.
I'm champing at the bit (as I look at my ToM).
OT: any Mass/RI M2 owners?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”