Kiko Lobo

Reorder Processes.

Hi all..

Quick question. Is there a way to re arrange processes once created on the left list?

I need to change the order of things and its a pain to recreate the list if I made a mistake.
brian442

Re: Reorder Processes.

You can click on a process and then Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V to copy/paste it. So that makes it pretty easy to copy/paste in the order you need, and then delete all the old processes.

That's the easiest way I know to reorder them.
Kiko Lobo

This should be done easier by allowing us to re arrange in the process list by dragging.

The way I do it is by copy paste and the select the model. But if I make a mistake on process 8 of 20 of selecting the bad model the error usually carries down after the issue. So a simple re arrange is a one click solution.
aerodan

This is terribly confusing and poorly done UI. I have two processes:

"1-This is a Process I want to Print First"
"2- This is a Process I want to Print Second"

If I group these processes, they will end up as:

"2- This is a Process I want to Print Second"
"1-This is a Process I want to Print First"

If I copy/paste these processes, in any order, any way, the resulting paste ends up the same way.

Can software engineering please make grouped processes re-orderable within the group?

In actuality, this whole work around wouldn't be necessary if I could print a skirt at the same speed as the rest of my first layer. But that's for another bug (and "first later speed" isn't the solution).

Guys, for the love of all that is Holy, hire a UX designer. I love this app and it's rock solid nature, but there are some incredibly confusing methods that don't need to be so.
shocksofmighty

On the linux version I can just drag the processes to reorder them. Another win for linux.
horst.w

Drag and drop processes is also possible in Win (7 Pro).
I tested it at the moment, adding P2 and P3 , so I have 1 - 2 - 3. Now I drag and drop 3 between 1 and 2 so we have 1 - 3 - 2 .

In further versions it was a problem, because the order to print was depending from the position of the process inside the list.
Now it seems S3D works selected processes following the Start-Stop print high.
How ever, they must choice one way, but this way cann't serve all wishes.

Regards
horst.w
GER
shocksofmighty

With sequential printing, process order does dictate print order (as would be expected).
aerodan

Interesting - it could be a Mac only thing. I should have mentioned Mac OS.

Thanks for the helpful follow up,
AD
TedNeff

shocksofmighty wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:02 pm With sequential printing, process order does dictate print order (as would be expected).
Not for me. I have processes 1, 2, 3, 4 in that order & selected in that order. It prints 1, 4, 2, 3.
DarthRevan

Not for me. I have processes 1, 2, 3, 4 in that order & selected in that order. It prints 1, 4, 2, 3.
Ted,

What version of S3D are you using? I'm using 4.0.1.

Can you attach your factory file?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”