chrisbrown23

Build Plate position

Hi guys, I have been using Simplify3d for a few months now and the software is great. So much better than what I was using previously and I haven't really had any problems. That is until recently.

I just picked up a second printer which is the same model as my first (CTC Bizer dual - Makerbot clone). I am using the same Process profile, with the exact same settings but when I try to print on my new printer it all goes to pot. The purge line extrudes off the bed completely, too close to the front of the machine on the Y axis by about 20mm, I also noticed that when I start printing the part seems to be about 20mm to the right of where I placed it in the slicer.

Its got me really confused. I'm sure this is a simple fix and I am probably being a complete rookie so I apologize for that. Is there anyway I can fix this so I can use the same profile for each printer?
Thanks in advance.
brian442

Re: Build Plate position

Well if it's the exact same printer as what you've already been using, then it should use the same settings. Try printing a file on the new printer that you had already printed successfully on the old one. If it still prints incorrectly, then you probably have something wrong with the machine's firmware or hardware.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”