Moniker

Supports sticking to print too good

I have been printing PLA with Slic3r on a Prusa I3 Mk2 and recently purchased Simplify3d. I am using the default Prusa I3 Settings and have been having trouble removing supports. I like some of the features of Simplify and want to continue using it, but my supports are sticking a little to good to my prints, which ultimately makes most of my prints unusable.
What settings can back off the supports from the model so they stick, but not as good as they have been. My first layer is solid, its mostly supports a few layers up that just do not want to come off. I have printed the same PLA using Slic3r and do not have this issue, so Im assuming its just a setting tweak.
brian442

Re: Supports sticking to print too good

Might want to try increasing the number of vertical separation layers. You could also increase the horizontal separation offset, since that will also help it separate easier.
Moniker

Sounds good, I will have to take a look. Without looking at the software as of yet, where do I do that in. Still a noob to printing and Simplify3d.
brian442

It's on the Supports tab along with all the other support structure settings
Leeway

I will mention that for me, watching all the short video tutorials got me up and running very fast with S3D. Many many questions are answered right there. Many answers to questions like this are directly related to the video title. That means you don't really need to watch them all. Just the ones you may have questions about. :)
Those resources along with this forum really add value to the software IMO.
Lee
Moniker

brian442 wrote:It's on the Supports tab along with all the other support structure settings

I saw the tab and made adjustments, I just have to test it later tonight.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”