Brunibbels

Walls that are more than 1 line thick

There was this previous feature request about double-line walls for infill:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1405#p12770
JasonCS postet: "This feature was implemented in version 2.2"

(This topic is locked and at least two people were not able to find the feature in Version 3.1.1)
Craftware is able to do this and this is a really nice feature. We did already increase the lines thickness to >200% but Simplify3D did not split the Lines into two or more. I was not able to find this feature explained in the Video for making infills.

Does anyone know how to tweak the Infill to always make double infill lines?

Greetings
MasterFX

Re: Walls that are more than 1 line thick

Can you a little bit more precise?
I'm always able to print outlines which are thicker than one line. Of cause you have to set the extrusion width to 0.4-0.44mm to get it sliced the right way
thin.png
Brunibbels

Hello!
For a better visibility: Image

Those are double line infills according to the link and approved "new feature" which should have been implemented in 2.2.
Where is this feature in Simplify3D?

Greetings!
MasterFX

Ah ok now I know what you mean.
I'm pretty sure that it is not possible. The only thing you can do is a solid layer every x layers.

I think what "JasonCS" marked as implemented is the "sparse Infill" feature. But thats not what you want.
brian442

That original thread you linked to was asking for an option to change the infill line thickness. That option is called "infill extrusion width" in simplify3d and it's on the Infill tab.

So if you set it to 200%, it will print the infill twice as thick. It doesn't print 2 separate lines, since that would waste a lot of extra printing time, it just prints the single infill line that is twice as thick.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”