Page 1 of 1

RE: Finalizing Next Major Update

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 pm
by ianlee74
[Since you locked that post to replies...]

The announcement that a release is coming is good news! I actually came here to complain that its been a long time since we've seen anything new. So, I'll hush about that for now.

How about a list of new features that will be coming in this new release? Is that available somewhere? There are features in other slicers now that have no equivalent in S3D and I'm really trying not to jump ship.

Thanks!
Ian

Re: RE: Finalizing Next Major Update

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:24 pm
by smeagollum
I agree, a sneak peek at what's coming up would be very nice. I think this is a very anticipated update, and a lot of people, myself included, can hardly wait for it. The slicing itself is at least as good in many of the free slicers, but the object manipulation and manual supports are better in S3D. If S3D can also catch up on the areas where it has fallen a bit behind, it will retain (or regain, if you will) the throne as the king of slicers.

Re: RE: Finalizing Next Major Update

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:18 pm
by jfkansas
A collective ABOUT F'ING TIME is in order. :D

Re: RE: Finalizing Next Major Update

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 pm
by jfkansas
smeagollum wrote:I agree, a sneak peek at what's coming up would be very nice. I think this is a very anticipated update, and a lot of people, myself included, can hardly wait for it. The slicing itself is at least as good in many of the free slicers, but the object manipulation and manual supports are better in S3D. If S3D can also catch up on the areas where it has fallen a bit behind, it will retain (or regain, if you will) the throne as the king of slicers.
I have tried the latest Cura, S3d is still miles ahead of that heap. It works but anything custom is better done in S3d.

Re: RE: Finalizing Next Major Update

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:41 am
by wirlybird
Now we will have support for all of those 16th century languages!!

jfkansas wrote:A collective ABOUT F'ING TIME is in order. :D

Re: RE: Finalizing Next Major Update

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:16 pm
by wfcook
wirlybird wrote:Now we will have support for all of those 16th century languages!!

jfkansas wrote:A collective ABOUT F'ING TIME is in order. :D
I hope that something gets learned here about how to not make people think that the product has been abandoned...

Re: RE: Finalizing Next Major Update

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:52 pm
by Leeway
I have had S3D almost all year. What is an update? ;)