brian442 wrote:The photo you posted at the top had all of your retractions lined up on that side of the hull. You could easily move them to a different location by adjust the start point setting. But more importantly, you still look like you need to make some adjustments to your S3D retraction settings.
The other photo you just posted doesn't have any retractions in that same area, so it isn't really a good comparison. But if you think the retractions that it are doing look better, then it would help if you posted both gcode files (one from s3d and one from slic3r). That way you could compare the retraction settings that are being used.
Sorry all about the late reply - had a busy weekend, and couldn't get back until now.
So I apologize, I don't think that I was clear enough. Yes, I did only show one side of my model, but there are no retraction scars anywhere on the model. I just used that one picture to show a comparison of the same side. Thanks for the offer to look at my gcode-but I don't think it's necessary now. I've changed a TON of retraction settings, and I can't find the combination that works. Maybe I'll try to go back in the future, but if I need to have better surface quality, I'm just going to use Slic3r PE. Which bums me out, but I'm selling my models, and I want them to look as good as possible. Hopefully a software update to S3D will fix this issue!
Thanks all for your help!