joaojoao

bottom solid fill top layer

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi, I´m new at this forum, and a new user of simplify3D. Also new in this 3D printing stuff, only today I was able to try Simplify3D and I´m very happy with it. I have a printer for about one month, and I can see the software differences. Now I can print! Congratulations!

I have a couple of questions:

1- Is there any way of controling the last layer of bottom solid fill without using the variable settings wizard? For example I want a nice surface finish at the upper bottom of a simple square open box, and I noticed that the last layer fill of a bottom solid fill is printed at the same speed that all the bottom fill layers..

2- "Who" decide the print speed for last upper layers? some times I don´t won´t the top layers speed to decrease...edit: actually, I did a dual extrusion print and this don´t happened..I´m confused..

Thank you, and once again, congratulations..I´m really impressed how my prints quality increased!

brian442

Re: bottom solid fill top layer

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:47 pm

There is a speed settings called "solid infill underspeed" that affects the speeds of the top and bottom solid layers. You can lower that if you want to get higher quality for those surfaces

joaojoao

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:07 am

ok, thanks. I already see that feature..but i´m wondering, it only afects speed..
I´m experiencing under extrusion issues with flex filaments ONLY on solid and bottom infill layers (perimeters are OK!), and I wish I could increase layer width, like in first layer settings..

...without the variable settings wizard, so I don´t have to calculate the height (or layer number) were I want changes to happen..

Johnm

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:40 pm

I have the same Question. I just want to make sure that the inside floor/bottom of my design is going to have a solid layer(s) on the top/inside. If I specify a top layer is that going to add a top layer to the bottom or will it create a solid infill? Which is what I don't want. Also, I never completely understood the idea of if I should set the infill amount to 0 or leave it at my 30% amount. When I don't have a top layer/top to this design? I am also confused with the infill amount setting in this case. Final question: if I set the infill amount to 30% is that going to create a solid piece or is it just going to infill between the walls or is it just going to ignore the 30% setting altogether? I am hopping the preview is correct. In the preview it shows that my round Cylinder should print correctly. I hope that is correct.

Thank You
John

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”