madeinoz

V2.1: Where do you set filament Cost and Currency?

Just upgraded to 2.1, congrats on a great job developers!!!

Q: where do I set the cost of the filament and the currency being used?
Dssguy1

Re: V2.1: Where do you set filament Cost and Currency?

I also want to know this. We need a place to input the price of our Filament in order for this cost to be accurate.
Don

I had never thought of it, but it makes sense that you could put in the cost of your filament and it would tell you how much a print costs.

The above questions seem to indicate that this is possible. I looked through all my tabs and didn't find a place to put in info.

Am I missing something? I know I can do the math based off the material used...but if it is an option somewhere, that would be cool.
laird

+1 this idea. In ReplicatorG/Skeinforge you can set the printer's operating cost/hour and the filament's cost/KG, and it'll estimate print time and volume of plastic, and print out a cost estimate for each sliced file. This can be handy if it's the printer is shared, or if you want to keep a sense of the cost of prints. And it's quite convenient that it writes it to a text file next to the gcode, so you automatically generate them all the time, and look at them when needed.

Of course, actual print time depends on the printer's configuration, but even an estimate is useful.
dubtec

Really need to find out how to adjust this....
Garyhlucas

I would guess that if a value can be saved that it gets saved in the XML file. I'd search the XML file for the values. It is possible that the values are there but not actually exposed to the user to change in the user interface. That might be just oversight, I've done that plenty of time on the PLCs I program.
Gary H. Lucas
dubtec

Which xml file, and where is it please.

Thanks

Dave
CT4

I to would like to know about where you can change this mythical value it comes up with, really wish i could get my PLA that cheap!
jimc

i get the feeling this is a feature that was being worked on but not completed when it was time for the update release. i would suspect all that next update we will see it completed with areas to select currency and cost.
mkapras

+1 on this question!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”