AndersE

Re: V2.1: Where do you set filament Cost and Currency?

I am running the latest that has been announced (2.1.0). Did you download it today or so? Because i checked day before yesterday if there was a new version, but there was not.

Maybe they have got a new version there today then?

If you check your version what does it say? And do you have win32 or 64 version?
AndersE

Ahhhh!!!! there was a new version today.. 2.1.1..

WHY can't we get info when there is a new version available???
tcmeyers

I'm using the Mac version 2.1.0 which also does _not_ have the costing fields under the Other tab. But when I click Check for Updates, I'm told it's still the current version. I never have been able to find the version info page on the site. The change-log page http://www.simplify3d.com/software/changelog/ only mentions a version as high as 2.0.1.

How did you access this new version?

Troy
tcmeyers

Thanks, vOidward ! Bookmarked and downloading.

Do you just check that page periodically, or did you get a notification?

Troy
dennisjm

In 2.1.1 filament cost should be an extruder variable not a process variable. e.g., what if you're printing with a support material that costs a lot less than the primary extruder material...
TenKOhms

dennisjm wrote:In 2.1.1 filament cost should be an extruder variable not a process variable. e.g., what if you're printing with a support material that costs a lot less than the primary extruder material...
True, but filament cost I think is more of an estimate. To me, it's not hugely important. As for right now, if you really wanted to calculate an even more accurate cost with a support material that was of a different cost than the main material, prepare a print without supports, and find that cost. Then go back, generate supports then tweak the support locations if needed, prepare to slice and get another cost estimate with supports on.

(Price with supports - Price without supports) X Price per kg of support material
..........................1............................................... Price per kg of main extruder material

(ignore the periods, it was to space it better)

this will yield price of support material, then add it to (price without supports) and you should get a more accurate cost.
AndersE

Strange also to have cost in $. why not have it not bound to any currency? I can't use SEK beacuse the value goes only up to 99.99.
I would like to use for example 240sek/kg.
KeyboardWarrior

AndersE wrote:Strange also to have cost in $. why not have it not bound to any currency? I can't use SEK beacuse the value goes only up to 99.99.
Interesting note. You could use 2.40, than just remember to multiple the final output by 10.
KeyboardWarrior

AndersE wrote:Strange also to have cost in $. why not have it not bound to any currency? I can't use SEK beacuse the value goes only up to 99.99.
Correction, meant 24 and then times 10, not 2.4 times 10.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”