inventabuild

Infill / Outline Overlap for Solid Infill

I noticed that Infill Outline Overlap allows settings for 0% to 99%. As I steadily increase the % number it helps to fill in the nooks and crannies of tricky parts (thank you dkightley!). To accomplish this is this feature changing the Extrusion Width or Extrusion Multiplier or what?
tenaja

Re: Infill / Outline Overlap for Solid Infill

It is changing the infill extrusion length--how much the infill line overlaps onto the outlines.
inventabuild

It's doing more than changing the infill extrusion length. It also seems to be changing the extrusion width or increasing the Extrusion Multiplier or doing something else as shown by the following pic where the letters get filled in more as the % Outline Overlap increases. Any idea what is actually changing as the % Outline Overlap increases?
Different % Outline Overlap Values
Different % Outline Overlap Values
joaojoao

curious..

think it has to be done with infill angles of 0º and 90º instead of 45º and -45º to test if the infill overlap percentage really changes that solid infill too..

I think it maybe due to a change in the "start angle" of the incomming line..well, not really the start angle but the amont of travel on top of perimeter before it starts a new line..well can´t explain my self..:)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”