mirage2991

lines when printing circle/tubes

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to print a tube external portion smoothly and not have those lines (see pic). The up and down line on the Z axis. Print speed does not matter (as I've tried slow and fast, same results, same lines), and other models do the same thing. I use Fusion360, I export STL on the highest quality setting as well. The models are smooth in S3D, including in print preview, but I get those lines anyway. Trying to see if it's a software/design related or how my printer interpret the code.
IMG_3190.JPG
joaojoao

Re: lines when printing circle/tubes

Are you using M420 S1 option in the starscript gcode?
This command enables the bed leveling in firmware, and it can put some noise in the XY axis because the Zaxis is always adjusting the layer Z height..is that your case?

Can´t understand why almost nobody claims this issue..in my printer I cannot have the M420 S1..it makes lots of noise and perimeters look exactly like yours..
mirage2991

Thanks for the reply, i checked and i do not have auch comment in my gcodes. I use a Kodama Trinus FWIW.
gearsawe

First were are you getting you models? or Are are you making them?
If Making your own, explore your setting for exporting STL files. You might being see the facets that make up the tessellated model. Kind of hard to tell in the model but that is what it looks like to me.
In SolidWorks I Usually use "fine" for most of my export. Sometime I may use custom and decrease the deviation even more and reduce the angle to 5.
Detail_Facets.png
gapdev

gearsawe wrote:explore your setting for exporting STL files
Can confirm that this was my problem when trying to print circular objects.

The models were created by someone else in Tinkercad. It appears that Tinkercad uses a "medium" setting when exporting.

I recreated the model in Fusion 360 and exported with a fine setting. The object is now smooth.

Kenny

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”