RomeFallsAgain

VIDEO - Please listen to this noise and tell me what it is?

My Flash Forge Creator X Dual Extruder that I got from MonoPrice is making awful noises. Do you know what this noise is and how to repair ir? Thanks!
https://vimeo.com/238410392
RomeFallsAgain

Re: VIDEO - Please listen to this noise and tell me what it

I "think" I found the source of all that noise....
This is one of the linear bearings on the side.
After adding a heavy viscosity oil (motor oil) to the rail, the noise suddenly was gone.

Note that I HAD been using a lightweight Machine type oil and it did not eliminate the noise. Apparently these linear bearings need a heavier viscosity lubrication. Many have suggested Lithium Grease which I may try next time.

Fluxc0re

Re: VIDEO - Please listen to this noise and tell me what it

I mix 3 in one oil with Molly grease and it works real good .
Lithium grease isent any good for anything except food safe stuff and even then you have to keep pouring it on
because it has very little lube value .
If you can , take the bearing off the rail and ,using a qtip or something simmiler , put your choice of grease inside the bearing runs directly as well .
If you cannot do that then thin out some Molly grease with 3 in one oil and put it on the rails and run the printer . Again I use a qtip , one of the sponge ones
for makeup . Just know that Molly gets on stuff so make sure you wipe the leftover off the end of the rails off and redistribute it to the rails .

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”