RomeFallsAgain

Installing S3D 4.0

Hello,

If I install S3D version 4, will I still have my older version....Just In Case......or will installing 4.0 remove my older version (3.02)?

Reason I ask is that sometimes new version can have bugs that need to be ironed out and I cannot afford down time so if there were sucha bug, I would want to go back to using what worked until the new version bugs were ironed out.
RomeFallsAgain

Re: Installing S3D 4.0

Awesome. Went through the FAQ's but somehow missed that.

Thanks.
horst.w

RomeFallsAgain wrote:Hello,

If I install S3D version 4, will I still have my older version....Just In Case......or will installing 4.0 remove my older version (3.02)?
Yes, the installation will be independent.
On my laptop I have aktive (for nothing because needless, unless someone claims to have found a bug in newer versions)

version
3.1.1 and now

Whats the reason to fear a such capital bug, when you have skip the last important versions. They were always a really improvement and I don't see why to to ignore them - also as all feed back here in the forum. Do you think, all other users are idiots?

Horst.w
GER
dkightley

Of course, upgrading from such an old release to the current release will not be simply install....and carry on as usual. The changes between 3.02 and 4.0 are bound to need you to make a few adjustments to settings to cater for corrections to existing functionality...and to new functionality.

For instance, if you use rafts you will need to reduce the separation distance to ensure you get better results. I reduced down from 0.16mm to 0.02mm in some cases!. And again for rafts, there's changes to base and top layers. I use 1 base and 1 top.

Then there's all the changes for thin walls and infill.....and others. See the new features page for more info.....
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”