dmulheimer

Re: Found this video

I've already thoroughly tested 2.1 and it does not significantly improve the quality, it simply moves the problem. If you have an inconspicuous place to move them, ok. I don't.
dmulheimer

I have receved 4! personal messages from here telling me I'm an idiot. I am sorry for your closed mind, I was uploading my photos but now I am not. I have NEVER been in a forum like this one. So much unrest and personal lashings and the company just lets it fester and does not contribute. I've decided to be done with this. We have a saying in Germany "life is too short for anything but the best". Best regards to everyone.
3Drasle

dmulheimer wrote:I have receved 4! personal messages from here telling me I'm an idiot. I am sorry for your closed mind, I was uploading my photos but now I am not. I have NEVER been in a forum like this one. So much unrest and personal lashings and the company just lets it fester and does not contribute. I've decided to be done with this. We have a saying in Germany "life is too short for anything but the best". Best regards to everyone.
Then there is at least 4 idiots on this forum. It is a stupid and childish behaviour.

I use both KISS and Simplify3D, and like you I am not getting the same surface finish with Simplify3D.
I think it is getting better for every release, but there is something in the way KISS starts and end the loop that is just giving better surface (I tried to describe it in another thread).
Simplify has a lot of useful features but KISS still have the best finish.

/Michael
/Michael, Denmark
jsc

For what it's worth, I agree with 3Drasle. I didn't take David's comments on my prints personally, I don't think of making prints as a contest I'm trying to win. Nor do I think it should be considered outrageous if someone implies that maybe Simplify3D isn't better in every possible way than every other slicer.

I'm interested in seeing with KISS does differently, though. 3Drasle, do you have a model, and maybe some gcode from both KISS and Simplify3D to exemplify how it handles seam handling better?
Garyhlucas

To the four idiots. Nice going guys, someone tells you your favorite software has warts and you make it personal. Another opportunity to improve is lost. Every heard of continuous improvement? How about learning from your mistakes and others? I see the potential in Simplify3D not where it is now. I bought because I don't believe that open source can ultimately produce the best of the best. So DOES Kiss produce a better finish? Why don't we find out why, wouldn't that benefit us all?
Gary H. Lucas

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”