RomeFallsAgain

Adding Audio Alerts at selects points in a build

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:28 pm

I would like to add Beeps so that without getting up to look at the printer, I get audio clues as to where the build progress is.

For example, if my build is 100 layers, I would like......

One beep at Layer 25
Two beeps at Layer 50
and three beeps at Layer 75

Is this possible with S3D ?

Thanks

RomeFallsAgain

Re: Adding Audio Alerts at selects points in a build

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:41 am

The common Gcode to do that is.....

M300 S300 P250
Where S300 is the frequency and P250 is the Duration

It seems to depend on the machine as to whether or not it will "beep" when it encounters this code.
I have a MakerBot Clone, so it should work on my machine. I may have to create a test file to try it out.

From RepRap.org.....
http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code

M300: Play beep sound
Support FiveD Teacup Sprinter Marlin Repetier Smoothie RepRapFirmware Machinekit MakerBot grbl Redeem MK4duo
No No No Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes ??? No Yes

Parameters
Snnn frequency in Hz
Pnnn duration in milliseconds
Example

M300 S300 P1000
Play beep sound, use to notify important events like the end of printing. See working example on R2C2 electronics.
If an LCD device is attached to RepRapFirmware, a sound is played via the add-on touch screen control panel. Else the web interface will play a beep sound.

doug_scott

Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:12 pm

When i send a M300 command it returns an error message. My motherboard (Makerbase 32 bit) does not appear to support sound. But my notebook does. How can I get the Simplify3D app to play a sound upon pause or completion or error? I print almost exclusively from my Win10 notebook and the Simplify3D app. IMO this should have been in the initial release of this software. Pretty sure you can just use the Windows API for using default sounds. Please tell me that the fabled version 5 will have basic sound support for the blind users.

greybeard

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:26 pm

For what it's worth...

I use this end script to play audio (several freq's). Used to play a canned 'Jingle' until it kept playing in my head :lol:

Works on my Prussa printers and worked on my DiVinci
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 2.21.41 PM.png
3D Print Parts
https://www.thingiverse.com/Still_Breathing/designs

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”