Derdoo

Benchy with gaps in outlines

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:52 am

Hi Makers,

Sorry for my noob request, but I don´t have any idea how to fix that.

I'm used a modded Anet A8 and Simplify3d to print this Benchy in PLA with 60mm/s.

But there are always these "Gaps" on the front and on the sides. I tried different speeds, temperatures and filament.

These "Gaps" are in every single print on the exact same place, so I think it can only be a problem with the gcode.

Can someone tell me how this is called, that I can google it, or give me a hint, whats wrong?

Rotating the model dosn't help either.

Thanks for your support.
Attachments
1U7A7401.JPG

brian442

Re: Benchy with gaps in outlines

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 am

That probably just means that you need to adjust your retraction settings. Perhaps you are using too much coasting, or too big of a negative extra restart distance.

Derdoo

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi Brian,

thanks for you feedback.

I think I don't use coasting or negative extra restart distance.

I did some test prints with a lower retration distance, now i'm at 1,5mm but there is no change at all.

Should I still turn down the retraction distance? The Anet works with the stock direct extruder.

Thanks for your support and greetings from Germany ;-)
Attachments
Retraction.jpg

brian442

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm

So you said they are actual gaps or holes right? If so, you could try actually increasing the extra restart distance. For example, set it to +0.2mm and see if that makes a difference. If not, try 0.4, 0.6, etc until the holes are filled in.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”