GabeG75

Pre printing issues Wasp2040 turbo

Hello,

I am using a wasp 2040 turbo fdm printer with simplify3d and running into an issue where the extruder rewinds the filament till pulls out of the feeder completely before printing.

I have ran the same print multiple times. sometimes it happens sometimes not. I also happens with other print files. I have used cura also and it never happens.

Given the random nature of the issue, it makes it hard to pin down whats going on.

I am using and sd card to transfer the files.

So every print I have to hand hol the printer before it starts, to make sure I disengage the feeder until the approach to the printing bed. which is a real pain.

Thanks,
Gabe G
brian442

Re: Pre printing issues Wasp2040 turbo

If you look through the beginning of your gcode file, do you see a large "G1 Exxx" command? That would at least let you know which command is causing the retraction. Then you can investigate why that command is behaving differently.
GabeG75

Thanks for the tip but it happens randomly with the same file.

Gabe
brian442

Yes, well that's very possible depending on how the print is ending and what exact commands you have in the file. So again, I would recommend checking it to see if you can find the exact "G1 Exxx" movement in the beginning of the file and then you can start working from there to see what's happening.

Also where did you get the profile that you are using? Did you customize the scripts at all?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”