zemlin

Re: Having a nightmare with PETG and S3D

I print lots of PETG. Looks like you're printing too fast.
I generally run 50-60 mm/s and 235-245C nozzle temp and run a larger (.6mm) nozzle when I can.
No fan.
I get the best results printing on Kapton or PEI @ 80-85C.
MasterFX

As you can see on every start point of a long line (when the printer is still accelerating => slow to fast) is seems to be better. When the max speed is reached you get under extruding. So it seems like the hotend is not able to melt the filament fast enough. Which might be caused by to low temperature, worse heat transfer to the nozzle or too high printing speed in general.
Robbrown92 wrote:So I tried the profile and this keeps happeninng

Knut9jr

Hello.

I have oposit problem with PETG. Its perfect between start and end point.
But when it turn around and start a new round it became an overextrusion! Is there an function to slow down extrusions when it turns from an outerwall?
rojaljelly

The picture looks like printing much too fast...
With my printer I have to set down the speed to 15-25 mm/s (and about 75% for perimeter and infill - first layer at about 40%) depending on the complexity of the printed part.
zemlin

rojaljelly wrote:The picture looks like printing much too fast...
With my printer I have to set down the speed to 15-25 mm/s (and about 75% for perimeter and infill - first layer at about 40%) depending on the complexity of the printed part.
I normally use a .5mm or .6mm nozzle with PETG. At 240-245C I print at 60mm/s - 50% on the outermost perimeter and top/bottom layers. I only slow down that much to make the part prettier.

The only time I needed to run at speeds you're talking about was with a 1mm nozzle and a .5mm layer. Print speed was slow, but build time was fast!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”