heng

Parameter explanation+calibration

HI
I am using the simplyfy 3d with my leapfrog creator hs for quite a while.
Mostly i can get prints OK but I need to print about 5x before I am satisfied, and it is still not perfect.
the setting files I got with the printer don't work for me, no good.
so i go play with all settings. however many are hard to imagine what they do, and the explanation in text sometimes doesnt really help
so I was wondering if there is a visual guide what every single parameter will do.(with pictures or illustrations)
also is the a guide how to proceed to optimise the print settings? how to calibrate the settings?
like print a certain part see/measure if is ok, change this or that setting.. reprint etc.. like some test/print procedure for ever parameter..

one thing that bothers me is that the print settings are not all saved in the file. some are not included in the FFF file when I reload.
(I just lost all my settings when Win 10 updated... wtf..)

thanks
rrdavis

Re: Parameter explanation+calibration

They have a visual guide for most common print issues which is very helpful:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/

The stick post at the top of this forum also has explanations for each of the settings on each tab, so if you want more explanation on a specific setting, that can be useful:
https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2367

For the profiles, you can of course export those any time you need using the File menu in the software. S3D also has a nice feature where it can actually read the print settings that were used for any gcode file you printed in the past. So if you want to restore settings you have used in the past, just go to File > Import FFF Profile, and then select one of your past gcode files.
horst.w

Re: Parameter explanation+calibration

heng wrote: ...
one thing that bothers me is that the print settings are not all saved in the file. some are not included in the FFF file when I reload.
(I just lost all my settings when Win 10 updated... wtf..)
Go to Tab Tools > Options >>> 4. box "Save and Restore ..." must be checked ON

Regards
horst.w
GER

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”